Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Every Drop Counts.

I was expecting to garden today, but instead it is cold, wet and windy. Everything is greening up nicely, so the rain is very welcome . I have been working on my "ROAR" Quilt. It is another pinwheel design, four times four blocks and no border. It took quite a while to build the pieced strip for the backing using the leftover scraps. I had started machine quilting but was not happy and unpicked it. The variegated thread is heavier than I normally use and the stitches were becoming uneven in the corners. After research and some adjustment to my machine I am now quilting each triangle individually. This uses a lot more thread but it makes the quilt very robust and washable.

Taking a break from the quilting, I made another Blanket of Love to send to Cheryll this week. It feels like a drop in the ocean because there are about 2000 stillbirths in Australia each year. There may be other hospitals closer to home that have a need for such blankets so I am making some enquiries.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Modern Baby Quilt

I finished this quilt in good time for a new arrival thinking it was a neutral pattern and colour scheme. It is a Disappearing Nine Patch B...