Saturday, April 26, 2014

Celebrations

For a long time March has been a very happy month in my family. Our darling girl was a March baby and so is her little daughter. My two nephews, my niece, my two older brothers and one of our bonus daughters have their Birthdays during this month as well.

March of 2014 was quite a month of events, not just birthdays. After fighting bravely for two years, my very dear Sister lost her battle with an aggressive, unrelenting armanent of cells. The tide could not be turned.

We had a beautiful celebration of her life and work. She was a talented artist wife, mother, grandmama, sister, auntie, great auntie, teacher and friend.

I was unsure of writing about this here, but I do share family news now and then. My blog is about what I love in my life, and I love my sister and miss her very much. Today would have been her 62nd Birthday. She left us too soon.

 

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear of your loss, must be terrible to lose a sister. My sincere sympathies.

    ReplyDelete

Modern Baby Quilt

I finished this quilt in good time for a new arrival thinking it was a neutral pattern and colour scheme. It is a Disappearing Nine Patch B...