Sunday, February 2, 2014

Thread Matching

Usually I can match a thread colour to a fabric very quickly, but I am having all sorts of problems with a green Kona cotton for my "Roar" Quilt. I have decided to go with a variegated thread because I just cannot match it at all. The green thread I used on the little one was a reel of Drima I already had ( no idea where from) and, of course, no longer available. I love the colour range of the Kona cottons but I am now reluctant to use them again because of the difficulty matching them to a thread colour. The variegated threads should work very nicely on these fabrics.

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jane, I think the variegated threads will look great! I'm really impressed with all the quilts you've been making :)

    ReplyDelete

Modern Baby Quilt

I finished this quilt in good time for a new arrival thinking it was a neutral pattern and colour scheme. It is a Disappearing Nine Patch B...