Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Little Bookroom

I called in to one of our local Op Shops yesterday on the hunt for something to read and found in very good condition, a copy of "The Little Bookroom" by Eleanor Farjeon. It is a 1972 edition and illustrated by Edward Ardizzone, whose drawings reflect so successfully the mood of the stories. The dust cover has been protected by the type of plastic that the library uses and the pages are very clean. I am enjoying revisiting one of the books of my childhood.

I also bought a couple of vintage treasures, an old fashioned measuring glass and a little glass coaster. This one is clear but I have a few others in pink and blue. It was a very happy little shopping spree and I spent a total of $3.00.

 

1 comment:

Modern Baby Quilt

I finished this quilt in good time for a new arrival thinking it was a neutral pattern and colour scheme. It is a Disappearing Nine Patch B...