Thursday, February 6, 2014

Reading Matters.

I accidentally deleted my Blog List recently and have been trawling through the Quilting Gallery's 398 pages, building a new one. A pattern emerged very quickly about what type of blogs I prefer to read. Abbreviations put me off straight away and some fonts are very hard to read on the Ipad. I also find it mildly annoying when people put a lot of full stops between sentences or phrases. I can imagine them tapping impatiently at the full stop key.

The blogs I have in my list now, are mainly about Patchwork, with a bit of family, garden and weather thrown in, and the occasional recipe. I also enjoy seeing what people are knitting and crocheting as well as other sewing and crafts.

Reading actual books is still very much a part of my everyday life. I usually find a few at the op shop and after reading them, they go back or are given to someone else. Childhood favourites are often re read and I don't mind some of the more recently written children's books. I thought the Harry Potter series was great, particularly the first three. Anything that gets young people reading is wonderful, but sometimes you realise a book has been written to be made into something commercial.

I read a book recently that was just that and seemed to be based very closely on the JK Rowling series. It had a lot less detail, but the similarity to the Harry Potter story was blatant. I won't be reading any more of the series, but hopefully they will be widely read and enjoyed by many young people.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Modern Baby Quilt

I finished this quilt in good time for a new arrival thinking it was a neutral pattern and colour scheme. It is a Disappearing Nine Patch B...