Sunday, January 19, 2014

Heat Affected

The garden suffered a lot during the heatwave last week. Hydranga leaves and flowers are burnt and the flowers along the path have become quite frizzled. The heat doesn't seem to have bothered the dahlias, but most of the trees are showing signs of stress with yellowing leaves. My potted frangipani has finally started to flower and the fragrance is lovely. Fortunately I can use dam water for the garden and spend quite a bit of time moving the sprinkler around the yard.

All sewing has been on hold because my workroom has been too hot, even with my noisy old rattler air conditioner going full blast. Probably just as well because I was making too many mistakes with some half square triangle units, firstly cutting them from left to right instead of right to left and then unpicking some correctly sewn units and having to re sew them. It has been too hot to think straight.

The weather change dawdled in about 11o'clock on Friday night and it was a lot more comfortable getting sheep in at 5 the next morning than on Wednesday. Just as dusty, and, as my farmer commented, the flies were very friendly.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Modern Baby Quilt

I finished this quilt in good time for a new arrival thinking it was a neutral pattern and colour scheme. It is a Disappearing Nine Patch B...