Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Rockstar Moment on a Big Day Out.

 

We have just had our annual trip to the Craft and Quilt Fair in Melbourne. We made a few purchases and had a great day. I avoided all the fabric stalls because I have enough to keep me busy for several lifetimes, but I did buy a new die for my cutting machine, some Bloc Loc rulers and a great little portable LED light.

We saw Loani Prior's whimsical, wonderful Tea Cosies. My daughter has her book, but it is always better to see such creations in real life. A highlight for me was meeting Jodie of Vintage RicRac Blog. It was great to see her work "for real" and have a quick chat with her.

It was a big day, and we were all rather weary that evening. I did enjoy the Craft Fair but I'm not sure that I am interested in going again because I am not looking for anything new to take up and have plenty of supplies. We live in a rural area and Internet shopping means I can have what I need very quickly. Reading Blogs gives me lots of inspiration and the writers are very generous about sharing ideas and providing tutorials. I suppose that is a part of how the Internet is changing the world in so many ways.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Modern Baby Quilt

I finished this quilt in good time for a new arrival thinking it was a neutral pattern and colour scheme. It is a Disappearing Nine Patch B...